Thanks G. Hughes!
Sharing this information is fine with me! Feel free to use any of the following and the attached pictures that you find useful. I'll send 2 more pictures in separate emails.
My son needed a science project and I suggested a theremin. The PAIA website suggested that most anything could be used as a Theremax container. I took that to heart and started looking around in antique shops for something interesting and made a few suggestions to my son. One was an old dynamite box (almost chosen). My son chose to make the case out of an antique bedpan with a piece of wormy chestnut for the lid. The lid I turned on a lathe, then carved the back to fit the bedpan using a Foredom tool. I drilled then routed the back for the controls and I attached the lid to the bedpan using three hinges riveted together. Most of the inside of the bedpan has a Velcro lining so that we could easily extract the circuit board attached to an aluminum disk, the modification switches board, and the modification breadboard. My son helped me cut the holes for the volume antenna and the power cord using the Foredom tool’s diamond bit. He also handled the electronics.
Thanks again for all your help troubleshooting the circuitry!