It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:11 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 PAiA 9601 Compressor, SSM2120 

Post PAiA 9601 Compressor, SSM2120
Jason Mc wrote:
> Hey,
> What ever happened to the Paia "Compressor" Kit.
> I built one a while back and loved it, then I let a friend borrow it and i havent seen it since.
>
> You guy NEED to have another "COMPRESSOR"KIT something based around the THAT2180A VCA, put some side chains on it and keep it close
> to the SSL BUSS type design. IF you made this they would SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Let me know,
> If there is anything in the works
> jason macdougall

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Hello Jason.

Thanks for checking with us, but we stopped offering the kit not long after the SSM2120 Dynamic Range Processor ICs started drying-up. Unfortunately, they stopped being made about a year after the kit was introduced back in 1996.

I have heard there is a electronics components supplier in Canada that has some, but they are expensive.

http://www.candisc.com/ranger/parts.htm

I've seen a site featuring the THAT parts. Thanks for the reminder, and suggestion....

In the meantime, it might be best to just check at a pro-audio or music equipment dealer for their lines of compressor products. The dbx company lists eight different types on their website.

If you'd prefer the DIY route, Silonex has parts that can be used to make a compressor with some good application notes too.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Scott Lee

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]