It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Trying to fix a Gnome, don't know where to begin 

Post Trying to fix a Gnome, don't know where to begin
I have the Paia Gnome sitting around for some time now. It was an as-is purchase as in it was sold in the condition it was found in, untested, etc.. and it was for a pretty good price, but as you might have guessed by now it doesn't work. When it arrived it had a piece of orange wire sticking out of what I assumed to be the audio output and part of the touch strip was torn and missing. I popped in two 9V batteries and tried to get some kind of sound out of it - nothing, except for a light pop when switching it on. I opened it up again, bridged some contacts between ground and strip cantacts (terminals) - no luck. I'm at a loss now. Can someone give me suggestions on where to start looking for faults? I would love to make this thing CV/Gate controllable and use it as a mini synth module or combine it with my 4780 sequencer module.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Post Re: Trying to fix a Gnome, don't know where to begin
General trouble-shooting information for the PAiA model 3740 Gnome micro-synthesizer is here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=543

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 pm