It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 am

Question about 4780 sequencer 

Post Question about 4780 sequencer
Is it possible to say have the top and bottom row play simultaneously? Could I for example use the top row for playing the VCO and the bottom row to sequence/trigger the VCF? Another thing I hope to accomplish, if that's possible at all is to get and put together the drum tone and use one row for the base drum and the other for snare/hihat..

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Post Re: Question about 4780 sequencer
No ideas come to mind when it comes to altering a 4780 to split the 12 stages to two sections of six.

Although there are a bunch of connectors across the front of the sequencer, it is best to think of it as a unit with a single CV and Trigger output set. The upper and lower row connectors are for connecting back to restart of set the length to be less than twelve events.

These stage outputs aren't variable like the CV from the main output.

Two sequencers could be run side by side using a single clock or stepped from a single gate- or pulse-trigger for dual CV outputs.

The manuals for the PAiA model 4780 Sequencer are posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=296

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Another question, related to this topic - Is it possible to somehow make the sequencer bounce back and forth? If not, is there an easy mod that accomplishes this, say a little switch circuit that switches the direction of the sequence perhaps?

Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:34 am

See the last few pages of the 4780 "Using the Sequencer" manual starting with page 10. Basicly, the 4780 is a "ring counter" type sequencer. It only counts in ONE direction, and requires a "pre-load" to start it counting.

8-)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:47 am

I was gonna ask how to sync the 4780 to an external clock but I figured it out. But for those who struggle with it - For some reason the clock signal needs to be patched through the panel, and patched from the audio panel to the CV panel (you'd need to forge a special cable with a phone plug one end, and a pin on the other, at least that's what made it work for me), and then patch that to the sequencer's RUN jack. I don't know why that makes it work, but I think the Capacitor between the panel rows might have something to do with it. But now i can sequence a 2nd VCO for some duophonic action, if I get this damn 4720 VCO to work again..

UPDATE: Well turns out, if I want to sync the 4780 to my EH sequencer, I lose the trigger signal, probably because the mode switch has to be in the stop position to make it work. Scrap metal! Is there any way to make the trigger work in stop mode? I guess I could forge an Y cable so that I have trigger for an EG or something. But then I'll have that non stop clock trigger going on again.. aaargh why can't everything be easy??

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 am