It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 am

4780 no trigger signal when synced to external clocl 

Post 4780 no trigger signal when synced to external clocl
I mentioned this within a related topic but decided to keep this separate. I'll try to keep this short.

I tried to sync the 4780 with an external clock (a modified Electro-Harmonix sequencer) and it works so far so good, but there's just one hitch - the trigger signal disappears when the clock is set to stop mode, which in turn is required to clock the sequencer externally, or am I doing something wrong?
I have to put the clock in stop mode and hook the clock out from the other sequencer to the "Run" jack, right? I tried the "Sync" jack, but that didn't work (it just stays at step 1 and doesn't advance). Is this normal that the trigger stops working when in stop mode, even if the sequencer is triggered by the external clock? There is no mentioning about it in the manual (unless I overlooked that) I'm very confused. Also what is the trigger voltage? 0-5V?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:26 am

Post Re: 4780 no trigger signal when synced to external clocl
I figured it out.. it was as simple as using an trs plug :mrgreen: should have taken some more time experimenting, heheh..

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:09 pm

This is not sufficient for flow analysis but can be improved by moving to a film. Note that all these links are external and we cannot provide support on the trigger signal.
design studio Singapore

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 am

Hi Patrick, I'm also interested in synching the 4780 to an outside clock. Can you tell me how you did it and were you able to reset a sequence and restart it from the first output?

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:59 am

Sorry for the late reply - to get the sequencer to retriggeer itself, you need to stick one end of a patch cable in the jack where you want the sequence to end and the other end in the jack where you want the sequence to begin. You can do some neat odd sequences by bridging steps withing that sequence. About syncing - It was all trial and error and my experience might differ from yours because I used an electro-harmonix sequencer which I modified to get a clock out through the FC jack. I also had to make a custom patch wire that had a mini phone plug on one end and a pin plug on the other because for some reason I couldn't use the patch panel to route the EH's trigger/clock signal to the pin jacks. I plugged the pin end into the "sync" jack of the sequencer. I also had to use an adapter in order to use the TRS cable, that came with the EH, with the Paia's mini jacks. I don't know why using a trs adapter made it work, but I think it had something to do with grounding. That's all I can tell you and I'm not able to replicate this now because I took the sequencer out of my Paia to make room for other modules.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:12 pm