It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 pm

Fatman: Adding a tuning knob, and other mods 

Post Fatman: Adding a tuning knob, and other mods
Well, I got my fatman kit a wee while ago, but Im still trying to design my front panel! I have a few things to figure out before I finalize the design.

One thing is, can you have separate tuning knobs for the oscillators? And is this a mod worth doing?? I would think it would be good for getting the amount of detune you want more easily, no?

Another thing Im interested in is if you could have much more drastic tuning knobs, which you could tune up or down an octave with.

Scott, I assume you will answer this, so thanking you (and anyone else who chimes in) in advance,

Jack

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Post Re: Fatman: Adding a tuning knob, and other mods
Hello Jack.

I'd say build it up on a temporary (cardboard, plastic, etc._) panel and then after it's working, make changes from there.

You already have a sort of dual control with the panel pitch control working to set VCO 1 and the VCO 2 Offset control working to set it with respect to the first.

Adding the new load of a second control to the Pitch CV might introduce tuning error or limit.

Did you see the modifications over in the technical bulletins section?

viewforum.php?f=15

Here's to success!

--Scott

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:46 am

Post Re: Fatman: Adding a tuning knob, and other mods
Ah, I see. I didn't know what the offset knob did, haha. Yeah that would cover my needs I reckon.

And You're right that I should do a experimentation front panel first... an idea I've been resisting.

Anyway, looking forward to getting started! Thanks again for your help. Very helpful as usual!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:19 am