It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 am

PAIA 2720 Demo Song 

Post PAIA 2720 Demo Song
I recently made a song to demonstrate the sounds of the PAIA 2720. I initially tried to make it all PAIA...but the urge to add more stuff overwhelmed me. Anyway, there aren't a lot of demos of this relatively rare and great sounding synth, so I hope someone enjoys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT3cTHj9gZU

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Post Re: PAIA 2720 Demo Song
Excellent, and great show of the capabilities of the 2720. More please.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Way to make it shine! Note this will have been built from a kit in the late seventies, early eighties.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks, glad you like it! It was certainly a blast making it and since doing the video I've edited the demo and turned it into a full fledged song with vocals. The PAIA 2720 really sounds like no synth I've owned before. Also, thanks a lot for the extra info Scott! Now if only I could get it more properly scaled and tuned... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Confirm the keyboard pitch cv doubles or halves going up or down octave-spaced key presses. This cv to the VCO should produce octave related pitches with the zero trimpot adjustment.

The 2720-8 manual has the details for the keyboard calibration:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295

Reference page eight of this pdf for the VCO settings:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60

Or, just press an upper note on the keyboard for a VCO pitch and then one an octave or two lower with the octave relationship adjusted using the VCO zero trim. Repeat a few times, and on different notes/octaves.

...just added the 2720-2A manual...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=522

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am

Very nice piece of music. When you listen to the original Richard Bugg demo record it reminds you how fucking good the sound of the PAiA synths are. Your synth is more than I am willing to pay, though for the module components. I would love to get just the original orange metal and wood case and add new power and the digital kybd and D/A converter and an up-to-date module arrangement. Nostalgia is big with me but I have to have it sound professional.

Brian

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks Kyhotay! I swore I just saw someone selling just the case on ebay not too long ago...maybe another one will pop up.
Yeah, the raw sound of that 2720 is just something else unlike any other synth I've owned. Now my CS-5 and korg polysix seem almost too cutesy or refined in comparison...oh well. unfortunately I had to sell the synth for financial reasons, but I already miss the sound.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:46 pm