It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Question about the midi2cv8 hz/v option 

Post Question about the midi2cv8 hz/v option
Does this convert the entire module to hz/v or does it allow to set the outputs to v/oct or hz/v individually? If not, is it possible to add a switch to switch the hz/v option in and out as needed? The reason I ask is that I recently acquired a 9700 modular, and now expecting a 4700 soon. I would like to interface both via the midi2cv8 module, along with my 2700 and my Korg 770, if I ever get this one fixed.
On an off topic note, if Paio would reissue some of the 2700/4700 modules, perhaps with some minor improvements, that would be the bomb.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:50 pm

Post Re: Question about the midi2cv8 hz/v option
If you install the option board the Midi2CV can control hz/v oscillators like the 2700 and 4700 series. But there are no settings to switch between v/oct and hz/v, collectively or individually. Rather, PAIA sells the 9700rck Rack Mount Accessory Kit, which is a rack case for two Midi2CV2s. The idea is that one of your Midi2CV2s is dedicated to the 9700 series, and the other with the option board is for the vintage series. That means of course purchasing two Midi2CV modules and one option board for the case.

Alternatively, you can use a Fatman to do the hz/v conversion. Midi into the Fatman is output as pitch hz/v and gate.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm