It is currently Fri May 27, 2016 5:01 pm

using Paia power supply to power diy modules 

Post using Paia power supply to power diy modules
I'd like to use my existing Paia power supply to power a new DIY module I'm planning on building. The module only has pos,neg & 1 ground point. Can I make a power cable and only use G coming off the Paia power module? IE: just ignore the SG connection? OR do I have to have 2 wires coming off the single ground connection from the DIY module and have these tie into the G & SG power positions? Will there be a grounding issue?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: using Paia power supply to power diy modules
It depends what kind of activity there is with the module. If it is something like a preamp or mixer and only operating on audio, use the cleaner SG to the module. If it is generating clocking or pulses which could be a source of tones or clicks, use G. 9700 series modules use these in this way, with each of the two wires going to separate terminals on the module. It would work to use either because they go back to one point on the power supply, but to keep possible interaction at a minimum, they're on separate wires for the run.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 am