That 'Stuff' For Absorbing Vibrations
Page 1 of 1

Author:  buck1107 [ Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  That 'Stuff' For Absorbing Vibrations


Recently, I repaired the power amp circuit of a Fender bass amp, and I was wondering what that 'stuff' is, applied to components (such as larger electrolytic capacitors) to help absorb vibrations (which looks like clear silicone rubber, etc)? My repair necessitated the removal of some of this 'stuff.'

I've been reading on this stuff, and there are different variations, with numbers, such as RTV 382, RTV 102, RTV 103... etc.
Is one number or type best suited for work such as this?

Since this is a bass amp with plenty of vibration, I would like to try to re-apply it to those same areas where it was, before the repair.

Thanks for any ideas! :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
./cache/ is NOT writable.